Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Christmas Craft - Make it Merry!

Last month I was very fortunate to be invited to the Spotlight Stores Christmas launch for bloggers. We got to check out the new ranges and trends, and it got us a little bit excited for Christmas!



Now that November is here, it might seem a bit early, but I think it's necessary to plan ahead, especially if you are planning on making some of your own decorations!

I've started with a wreath for my front door. I also recently moved house, so it will be the first time decorating this place. I naturally decided to make a crochet wreath! This pattern is a beginner level.

I picked up a Decofoam Wreath and some 8ply  acrylic yarn - the Kringle value ball.

pictures from spotlight.com
Using a 3.5mm hook I made a chain of 40, and then (in US terms)
Row 1 : skip the first three chains, 37 dc chain three and turn.
Row 2 - 100 : 37 dc across (chain three and turn except last row)


Check your size against the decofoam wreath and bind off.

 It should fit very snug.

Using a whip stitch, or whatever you find easiest, sew the long ends together around the wreath.


Now you have a lovely base to add decorations to!



You can add anything, ready made or home made, and make a truly unique piece. I've decorated mine with hearts, made with this pattern.



Enjoy, and please share your pictures with me, here or on facebook!




I've also linked up with And Sew we Craft for their linky party!



4 comments: